- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp black loose leaf tea
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large lime + more for garnish
- 1 can club soda (unflavoured sparkling water)
- Ice cubes
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, add tea leaves, stir and let steep while cooling down completely or until lukewarm.
- Transfer tea to a large pitcher by laddling it through a mesh strainer, discard the tea leaves. Add maple syrup, squeeze lemon and lime juice, add the peels to the pitcher, stir with a long wooden spoon and let tea sit for 10 minutes. Discard the citrus skins otherwise iced tea will be bitter tasting.
- Now you can store your iced tea covered with plastic wrap or lid in a fridge for quite a few days. Right before serving add ice and a can of club soda to a pitcher, stir and enjoy the best sparkling healthy iced tea (garnish with thin lime slices if desired). Tea tastes amazing without club soda too, adjust sweetness to taste.